From left to right, bottom to top:
- Playstation 2, controller, unrelated assorted remote controls (under the desk)
- Western Electric Model 500 phone (made in 1952).
- X-10 CP290 control panel with RS-232 interface.
- Desktop computer (Athlon XP, Gentoo Linux). Among other things, runs Asterisk PBX and MythTV.
- Rabbit ears TV antenna (used to receive HDTV channels with Hauppauge WinTV HVR-950 USB tuner and grabber attached to the desktop computer).
- Linksys SPA2102 dual analog phone adapter (connected to the phone with LPT300 pulse to tone converter)
- Two Linksys WRT54G wireless routers (top one running DD-WRT, bottom one running customized build of OpenWRT with the usual networking software plus Asterisk PBX, acting as a proxy/redirector for phone adapter and another Asterisk on the desktop computer).
- Averatec 2150 laptop computer running Ubuntu Linux. Two mini-dongles (receiver for Logitech VX Nano wireless mouse and Kensington Bluetooth USB Micro adapter) can be seen in its USB ports on the right side of the case.
- Dual gooseneck desk lamps. Bought in 2000 with bakelite lamp sockets and external cords -- since then old sockets crumbled and were replaced with stamped brass sockets, and cords pulled inside the goosenecks. Controlled by X-10 switch.
- Sony DCR-TRV320 DV camera (attached to the desktop computer with firewire, records DV on 8mm tapes).
- Porcelain mug and a teaspoon.
- IBM Model M keyboard (42H1292, a relatively late version with blue logo, built in 1999 in UK).
- Hauppauge remote control that came with Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250 (behind the keyboard, used to control MythTV).
- Infrared receiver for the remotes attached to the bottom of the screen.
- LG L226W widescreen monitor.
- Mechanical alarm clock.
- Logitech V450 laser mouse (wheel tilt is supported and mapped to Alt-Reft and Alt-Right to be used as "back"/"forward", this mouse and the Model M keyboard are shared between all three computers using synergy).
- OLPC XO-1 laptop, running Ubuntu Linux from an additional SD card.
- Macally iOptiJr mouse connected to XO laptop.
- Altec Lansing VS-2121 speaker (left speaker is behind the Averatec laptop, subwoofer is under the desk).
- AC adapter for LG VX8300 phone that I have mentioned before.
Current Mood: bored